You require the following documentation to complete this registration:
- Signed permission for ASATA to perform a criminal history and credit check on the company or close corporation and its shareholders, directors, members, the CEO, and managers. (You will be prompted and download and complete the form as part of the online application process)
- Letters of good standing from two travel suppliers who are members of ASATA.
- If applicant is not an IATA accredited agent, confirmation from ticketing agent confirming the arrangement.
- A valid tax clearance certificate.
- A current BBBEE certificate or EME/QSE affidavit.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae with proof of qualifications for each member of staff.
- Photos of inside and outside view of travel business.
- CIPC registration document.
- The most recent financial statements, as per the following requirements:
- An independent auditor’s report (if the applicant’s financial statements are legally required to undergo an audit) or an independent reviewer’s report by an accredited accountant.
- Confirmation that the applicant’s financial statements reflect a current minimum ratio (current assets to current liabilities) of 1:1. Where a member or shareholders have subordinated their debt in favour of other suppliers, that this be considered as equity funding to the business and therefore be excluded from the definition of liability.
- Submit divisional management accounts if their financial statements are aggregated with other unrelated business activities.
- Proof of payment of the R1 000 non-refundable registration fee paid into ASATA’s account. (Banking details available on the ASATA website)
- Current BBBEE certificate or letter of exemption (Only for South African Registered Companies)
Please note that signing up here is for the purpose of application progress tracking, and does not mean your application for ASATA is accepted.
Venue Acknowledgments: During the year ASATA holds several regional meetings around the country to update Members and give them the opportunity to network and discuss issues with fellow colleagues. Often we are kindly hosted by various hotel groups and establishments, whose sponsorship of our meetings goes a long way in assisting us with venue costs and much more. We thank all these sponsors most sincerely for their assistance.